Volunteers make Navarro Farm go and grow!
Register and Request Background Check
- Click to register as a volunteer. Follow this page and Navarro Farm will reach-out to you about opportunities.
- A background check is required for those 18+.
- If you completed a background check with us previously, no further action is needed.
- If you are unsure if a background check was done reach-out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To request a background check, download the form, fill it out, and return it to the Navarro Farm business office. Background check form
- The farm will cover the cost of the background check (valued at $25). However, we appreciate any donation to help offset that cost.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Sign up to volunteer for the Summer Farmer Program. The program will run from June 5th to July 28th, meeting on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM. Volunteer for the Summer Farmer Program and have the best summer ever with our terrific Farmers! Volunteers, teachers, paraprofessionals, and students (16+), who can use this for service hours, are always welcome.
Volunteer Summer Farmer Program
- Garden Help: The season is here and we need help in the raised beds. Weeding, watering, and prepping beds (cultivating the soil).
- Morning : This can be done between 7:00am to 11:30am. The latest you can start is 9:00am. There is no minimum number of hours, so a 4 hour commitment is not required. Click Signup
- Afternoon: This can be done between 12:00pm to 4:00pm. The latest you can start is 1:30pm. There is no minimum number of hours, so a 4 hour commitment is not required. Click Signup
- Facility Maintenance: We need help taking care of the Farm. The work includes mowing, line trimming, weeding mulch beds, sweeping and cleaning. This can be done on Thursdays, 8am to 2pm. A 6 hour commitment is not required, but you must just start before 11am. Ideally, plan on at least 2 hours. Click Signup
- Seeds are going in and starters are getting hardened. We need people to water. We also have grass seed that will need some watering as well. Volunteers that want to help water should sign up to come in between 7:30 am and 10 am. Allow for 2 hours of work. You can sign up for one or as many days as you like, watering happens every day. We will send cancellations as soon as we know if Mother Nature has done the work for us. Rain is a little tricky because we may still need to water even if there was rain overnight. We will notify you as early as possible, but it may be last minute. The link for watering signup is Watering. For more information contact Ron Sangiacomo at 708 274-9923 or via email at email@example.com
- Have you ever wanted to work with farm animals? If so, then Navarro Farm is the place for you! We are seeking volunteers for evening animal care. We need volunteers daily, Monday through Sunday, to take care of the animals and prepare them for the night. If you can only work, one day a week or one day a month we still welcome you to the Farm. The time commitment is around an hour and can take place anytime between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM. There is one remaining training opportunity coming up that will prepare you. It is Thursday May 11th, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Please follow this link to register. Register me! We look forward to seeing you at Navarro Farm and thank you.If you have questions about animal care contact Sonya Addison phone: 708.446.5286. mail: sonya.navarrofarm.or