Healthy Choices + Healthy Foods = Healthy Life
Applications for the spring program are now closed
This program is designed to elicit a healthy lifestyle by teaching to Farmers to make healthy food choices for a long term lifestyle. The curriculum is designed to take Farmers through the process of planting, growing, harvesting, cooking and preparing a variety of sustainable, wholesome, nutritious food options. This will be complemented by the Farm cooking program coming this summer.
- Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 14+.
Days & Dates:
- Two independent sessions running either a Monday or Wednesday
- Sessions are 8-weeks in length beginning April 3rd and ending Wednesday, May 24th.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the program, a Farmer can only attend the day they are enrolled in. Farmers can request to be enrolled in both days, depending on availability.
- The day will promptly start at 9am until 11:30 am.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to drop their farmer off, stay and volunteer or relax for a few hours.
- 8 week program is $200 for either the Monday or Wednesday session.
- If there is availability to add a second day, the cost is $400.
- Our generous sponsors have made available limited financial assistance. Everyone is welcome and financial assistance has no impact on admittance to the program.
- Completely fill out the application form, the form must be submitted or turned in by end-of-day Wednesday, March 8th.
- Navarro Farm will notify you by email after 10am on Tuesday, March 15th if your Farmer has been accepted and the day the Farmer is enrolled into. Registration information will be provided at that time.