This program is designed to elicit a healthy lifestyle by teaching to Farmers to make healthy food choices for a long term lifestyle. The curriculum is designed to take Farmers through the process of planting, growing, harvesting, cooking and preparing a variety of sustainable, wholesome, nutritious food options. This will be complemented by the Farm cooking program coming this summer.
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 14+.
Days & Dates:
- Two independent sessions running either Monday or Wednesday
- Sessions are 8-weeks in length beginning April 3rd and ending Wednesday, May 24th.
- Farmers will only attend on the designated day they are assigned.
- In order to maintain the integrity of the program, a Farmer can only attend the day they are enrolled in. Farmers can request to be enrolled in both days, depending on availability.
- Missed days can not be made up.
- The day will promptly start at 9am and go until 11:30 am.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to drop their farmer off, stay and volunteer, or relax for a few hours.