This program is designed to develop a healthy lifestyle by teaching to Farmers how to make healthy food choices for a long-term lifestyle. The curriculum is designed to take Farmers through the process of planting, growing, harvesting, and preparing a variety of sustainable, wholesome, nutritious food options.
Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities ages 14+. They are referred to as Farmers.
Days & Dates:
- Two independent sessions running either Wednesday or Friday.
- Sessions are 8-weeks in length beginning Wednesday, August 23rd and ending Friday, October 13th.
- To maintain the integrity of the program, a Farmer can only attend the day they are enrolled in. Farmers can request to be enrolled in multiple days, depending on availability.
- Missed days cannot be made up.
- The day will promptly start at 9am and go until 11:30 am.
Parents/guardians are asked to escort their Farmer to the barn and encouraged to volunteer or relax on the property. The Farm is a wonderful place to be in the Fall with the harvest and preparation for winter.
Check the box below if you would like to volunteer when your Farmer is participating in the program.